Commercial Roof Installation in Denver, Frederick, Erie, Greeley, Brighton, Gunbarrel, Longmont, Fort Collins, CO, and Surrounding Areas
A commercial roofing installation is a large investment. There are many different elements that go into strengthening the quality and longevity of a roof replacement or installation. None are as important as materials and workmanship. You’ll later need regularly scheduled inspection and roof repair maintenance, but the initial installation will create the foundation for 20-50 years so make sure your commercial roof contractor is experienced and knowledgeable to get the job done right the first time.
Your first step will be the initial plan for your commercial roof. You can either consider a roof replacement of the exact kind you already have or go with a new material. Be aware that new materials are constantly being created that change the scope of roof replacement in terms of pricing, longevity, energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. Roof replacement is a great time to make a change in your building’s roof functionality.
Commercial Roof Installation Preplanning
Preplanning will be essential and lets the whole process go smoothly, quicker and encounter less issues. Here are some of items that will go into the planning.
What materials to use. As stated, this is a great time to make changes. You may not have had a roof replacement in 20 years and things sure have changed. Let Guardian Roofing go over the choices you have in materials. After that we can discuss different manufacturers and grades.
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) – white exterior to reflect heat and affordable
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) – rubber surface to protect against hail damage
- PVC Commercial Roofing – higher chemical resistance and flexibility
- Metal Roofing – long lasting and esthetically appealing
- Shingle (asphalt) roofing – rare in commercial applications but versatile and affordable
Scheduling. This will be a coordinated effort around permitting, weather and business interruption. An office building with multiple entrances may not have much interruption versus a store front with limited workspace. Unfortunately, we can’t control our finicky Colorado weather, but we know your time is important so we work hard to plan as much as we can.
Commercial Roof Installation
The material you choose will dictate the material installation. But the preparation for a roof installation is similar across all materials. Here is where edge step is completed and inspected before moving on. Certain municipalities may even require their own inspections before getting the go ahead to move to the next steps –
- Removal of old roofing material to prepare for proper adhesion of new material
- Structural inspections of all decking for leaks, punctures, rot and integrity
- Base layer installation for shield protection against elements
- Roofing installation with drainage planning.
- Membrane rolls and adhesion through tapes, glues or welding.
- Metal roofing with selected fasteners
- Flashing and finishing installation for sealed seams, vents, ridges and more
90% of our business is through referrals and repeat business.
We’re proud to be the go-to roofing company for many different commercial building owners in the Denver area. Call us for your commercial roof installation from Denver up to Ft. Collins and areas in between including Brighton, Longmont, Gunbarrel, Greeley, Frederick and Erie.