Residential and commercial roofs use completely different materials, with the single exception: metal. The panels, tiles and shingles made from metal alloys enjoy great popularity today, for pitched and low-sloping roofs alike – here are the benefits to justify that popularity:
- Long-lived roofs – According to excellent Frederick roofers near me, metal is a strong and durable roofing material. When used for building roofs, the resulting structures can provide reliable protection for around 50 years without any major problems;
- Weight – metal roofs are lightweight, therefore they are suitable not only for solid buildings, but for lightweight construction as well;
- Quick and easy installation – metal roofing kits usually come with detailed and easy to follow instructions and they require no special tools to install, so they can be easily put up by amateurs;
- Energy-efficiency – metal roofs achieve energy-efficiency through reflectivity (the material’s ability to reflect the sun’s heat, rather than absorb it) and emissivity (the material’s ability to cool very quickly after it is o longer exposed to heat);
- An environment-friendly option – metal is 100% recyclable and metal roofing materials contain at least 25% of recycled material. Your metal roof is also 100% recyclable at the end of its life, so it is an excellent investment into reducing the environmental footprint of your property.